sábado, 29 de setembro de 2007

Schon wieder ein Student (Already a student again)

I barely graduated in my university in Brazil and I am already a german student. Now it's official: I finally managed to get my papers and my student card and I am a proud Hochschule Mannheim Master Student. I needed this status to do everything I need here: moving in, registering in the city, extending the visa, starting to work, buying the transport ticket, applying for the insurance... Now I can finally take care of all that.

On monday I hope to move in, but unfortunately it will take a longer time for me to have internet at home, since I don't have a computer yet. However, I am not missing it too much. I still have a lot to figure out here and get to know Mannheim, the university; besides seeing the people again, visiting friends and places and so on. Irina is here in Heidelberg and we went out together just like the old times. On monday I am visiting SAP to talk to everybody and figuring out my contract situation. I am really looking forward to it.

There is a lot to tell, but I don't have much time. I can only assure that everything is working out very well and that as a student here many doors are open to me. I knew that being a student in Germany was great, but now I realize it's even better than I had expected. I am really glad to be back.