quinta-feira, 4 de outubro de 2007

Ich habe mich inzwischen fast eingelebt (I am almost settled down)

Again I don't have all the time I wish I had to write as much as I wish to write. But anyway, I have a handful of important news. Unfortunately Mannheim takes a long time to give the Stay Permission to foreigners; therefore I will have to wait until the 17th of October to get my hands on it. The bad thing is that without such a document I am in a "hiatus" situation here. I can't do anything fun, such as changing my cell phone contract or buying a computer in several payments.

I moved in this wednesday. My new place is okay, but it's too far from everything. Therefore, I don't like it very much. I hope I get used to the situation and manage to make a schedule that doesn't make me waste too much time with transportation.

Right now I am using the Wireless LAN of my university. It's quite good, I am really impressed. I think I am going to be hanging out here with the laptop very often. Unfortunately I still don't have internet at home and I am not sure when I am going to get it. Hopefully tomorrow, though.

I tried to attend some classes today, but some teachers didn't come because yesterday was a holiday and the teacher who came spoke a very hard to understand german, what really scared me and made me reconsider taking this subject in this semester. I think I will really have to take it slow, as I previously planned.

I hope I can take some pictures today and unload my camera to the computer at least, so that tomorrow I can post them. There are many new locations and people to be shown. This arrival in Germany is at least three times more exciting and complicated than last year's. Being a student is really great.

Hugs to everybody. Hopefully we can meet online more often from now on. Just so this post is not so boring, here is what a graduated engineer is able to do:

My earphones on the airplane had a contact problem and I could only get mono sound. However, if the pin was not completely inserted, I could get stereo. And i WANTED stereo. Worked like a breeze.