segunda-feira, 8 de outubro de 2007

Weiter mit dem Leben (Moving on with life)

After my first week of classes here in the Mannheim HS I can say that I am having a great time. I finally moved in to the dorm, that is far away from everything, but at least the room is big and comfortable. Some pictures from it can be seen in my album. I will try to take more pictures of more things as soon as I feel settled down. Since my classes are still not defined and I am not able to work yet, I still don't feel like I have a routine.

Today I discovered that as a working student I can pay only half of the tuition fees, what is a big help for my budget, since they are really expensive. The professor responsible for foreign students in the masters course gave me the tip. He is really nice.

Overall the university grounds are really pleasant. It's clean, organized and the teachers are very professional. I was particularly impressed with the quality of the laboratories and the german course, that started today. The teachers are incredibly good: competent, organized, focused and polite. The class is dynamic and fun. I think I am going to enjoy it very much and learn a lot.

Tomorrow I am going to spend the day in SAP to negotiate my semester with my bosses and my team. Now that I almost have a schedule at the university, I can already plan how my working hours in SAP are going to be. Hugs for everybody.